Rock Salt is mined Sodium Chloride that has been crushed and screened to comply with ASTM specifications for deicing salt. Particles are irregular, white to gray in color. Rock Salt can be used for control of snow and ice on paved and other solid surfaces. Rock Salt is not suitable for application on turf or around trees and shrubs. Rock Salt should not be applied to concrete aged less than two years. Works until 20 degrees Fahrenheit .
Sprinkle on ice or snow at a rate of 4-6 lbs. per 100 sq ft. Application rate will vary with the amount of ice or snow present on the ground. To help minimize the potential for surface damage on concrete surfaces, use only enough salt to melt the snow or loosen the ice, then promptly remove the slush that forms.
- Sodium Chloride – NaCl dry basis
- Calcium sulfate – CaSO4
- Magnesium Chloride – MgCl2
- Water insolubles
Each sodium chloride granule has been sprayed with Liquid MAGMELT. The magnesium chloride-based MAGMELT provides a supercharge to each of the salt particles, providing an icemelt that begins working over twice as fast as straight salt and conventional deicers. MELT-a-WAY works from freezing temperatures to zero degrees.
To provide you an economical solution for your task, we have created a snow and ice melt that is sodium chloride based with potassium chloride.
Mixed in with Liquid MAGMELT - is a patented corrosion inhibitor to reduce the negative impact of salt on metal surfaces.
PELADOW* (calcium chloride pellets) is a well known ice melt product capable of melting at -25°F below zero. For safer sidewalks and steps you can't beat PELADOW Premier Snow and Ice Melter. In order for any deicer to work, it must become a solution. The solution (brine) provides the deicing action, not the solid material. PELADOW works fast because it attracts moisture from its surroundings, and quickly turns into a solution. Other commonly used deicers can't do this. They need direct contact with a moisture source which, of course, isn't readily available at freezing temperatures. In addition, PELADOW is the only commonly used deicer which is exothermic in its melting action. PELADOW gives off heat while dissolving, which speeds the melting process. And PELADOW keeps working even when temperatures go as low as -25°F. So when comparing the speed of other deicers to PELADOW, there's really no contest.
- Effectively melts down to -25° F
- Begins melting immediately upon impact — generates melting heat fast.
- Quickly penetrates through frozen surfaces to undercut the ice.
- Most efficient de-icer on the market — melts more so application rate is less.
- Long-lasting melting action — requires fewer applications than other deicers.
- No powdery residue — odorless and colorless.
- Safe on concrete and vegetation when used correctly.
Diamond Crystal Jiffy Melt Blended Ice Melter
A specially formulated blend of magnesium chloride and sodium chloride which allows for fast action and lower application rates. Works below 0 degrees Fahrenheit: Jiffy Melt ice melter is a cost effective choice to premium blends and more expensive substitutes. Leaves no oily residue.
- Spread ¼ -1 cup per square yard of Jiffy Melt ice melter evenly ovr ice and snow compacted surfaces. Quantity and melting action will depend upon temperature and thickness of compacted ice and snow
- When ice and snow soften, remove slush and any excess melter from pavement for good concrete maintenance.
- Reapply as necessary
- Store in a dry place. Close and reseal container tightly to keep product dry, or place in moisture proof container.
- 25 lb poly bag
- 40 lb poly bag
Diamond Crystal® Flash Melt® Ice Melter
Flash Melt® ice melter is virtually 100% calcium chloride, providing powerful ice melting effectiveness at temperatures below –5° F (and as low as -25°/-31°C). It is not only a very effective ice melter on property cured sidewalks and parking lots, but Flash Melt® also gives off heat as it dissolves, for a fast melt in sub-zero weather.