A new sustainable approach to sediment management exists that can help resolve sediment related issues. Streamside along with Kurtz Bros., Inc. are proud to offer Sediment Collectors which represent a new technology for sediment management that allows the natural energy of the waterway to self-harvest targeted sizes of bedload sediments.
How it Works
- As bedload tumbling along the bottom of the river passes over an interceptor, the sediment will drop in the open grate hopper and be pumped on shore.
- Water from the river is used to flush upward from the bottom of the hopper, raising the sediments, which are drawn with a pump as slurry through a pipe and fed to a screw conveyor on shore.
- Sands fall off the end of the screw conveyor through a sorter where it is stacked and made available to the open market as a uniform sand or aggregate.
Features & Benefits
- Scalable for a wide variety of sediment harvesting applications
- Selectively capture and remove targeted harmful or excess bedload sediments
- Capture excess bedload sediment during regular flows or major storm events
- Lower downstream grade to reduce flooding and reduce sediment deposition
- Reduce sediment deposition in navigation channels
- Sediment can be reclaimed, providing an inexpensive source for clean sand
Cuyahoga River Pilot Project
For more information on our Sediment Collectors, please call Jason Ziss at 216.986.7019