The equivalent of potting soil for planting beds — Bed Mix is a special blend of All-Purpose, and silica gravel. This blend is specially formulated to provide optimum retention while allowing excess water to readily drain. Rich in organic matter, Bed Mix enhances nutrient availability which reduces the dependence on a chemical fertilizer. The result is a perfect soil for establishing raised flower, shrub and ornamental tree beds.
• Perfect for flower beds and vegatable gardens
• Tree and shrub installation
• Amendment to existing subsoil to reduce compaction
• Planting areas where drainage is critical
• Exceptional drainage of excess water
• Resists compaction and promotes strong root development
• Increases microbial activity enhancing nutrient availability
• High organic matter for moisture retention and nutrient availability
• Easy cultivation and workability
• Can be applied by hand or with a properly equipped blower machine
The result is a perfect soil for establishing raised flower, shrub and ornamental tree beds.
Posted by BIll Kessler on 12th Sep 2017
I was in a pinch and needed top soil to create beds for our new home. I purchased this product and was very happy. It was 100% bed mix soil with NO debris in it at all. Plus top notch service on the commercial side and a very friendly driver! Very satisfied customer!
Posted by Unknown on 19th Jun 2017
The soils was delivered on time, was as advertised and is easy to work with.
1. With a measuring tape, measure how many feet long the bed is. Then measure how many feet wide. Multiply these two figures. The total is the square foot area of that landscape bed.
2. Decide how thick you want your mulch to be (2” is average). For new landscape beds, 4” of mulch is recommended. If you are just top dressing a previously mulched bed, you may wish to use as little as 1” of mulch. Using the conversion chart below or Mulch Calculator to the right, you can figure how many cubic yards or bags of mulch, soil or gravel to order.
3. If you still have questions, please call our visit one of our stores. If you have the total area of your landscape beds calculated, we’d be glad to help you figure the amount of mulch, soil or gravel you will need.
BULK MATERIAL ONE cubic yard will cover approximately:
1296 sq. ft. 1/4″ deep
648 sq. ft. 1/2″ deep
324 sq. ft. 1″ deep
162 sq. ft. 2″ deep
108 sq. ft. 3″ deep
81 sq. ft. 4″ deep
1 square yard = 9 square feet
1 cubic yard = 27 cubic feet