Worm Dirt Topsoil is the highest quality, natural topsoil enriched with pure worm castings. Worm Dirt Topsoil grows bigger, more colorful flowers, sweeter lush fruits and vegetables, full, faster growing shrubs and trees. Using Worm Dirt for new plantings or transplants assures fast root development and plant establishment without harsh chemical fertilizers. Worm Dirt Topsoil is all natural, good for the environment and good for your garden.
• Planting A New Flower, Herb Or Veggie Garden
• Raised Beds
• Top-Dressing Beds
• Tree And Lawn Installation
• 5/8” Screen Size
• Sandy Loam Texture
• Enriched With Worm Castings
• CLC Labs Tested
• High In Organic Matter (11.2%)
• Consistent Texture
• Suppresses Plant Disease
• Resists Compaction
• Provides Essential Nutrients Over A Longer Period Of Time
• Grows Bigger Vegetables
• Promotes Strong Roots
• Can Be Applied By Rake, Spreader Or By Hand
• Heavy Equipment Application
• Even Germination & Uniform Planting Results
• Excellent Drainage Characteristics
• Holds Moisture And Nutrients
• Lessens Need For Additional Soil Amendments
Posted by Unknown on 13th Jun 2017
I built my garden with 8 cubic yards last year. I had the best garden ever! When I expanded my garden this year, I ordered 4 more cubic yards. I ordered online, and a few days later, I had the dirt - hassle free.
Posted by Elyse on 31st May 2017
Online ordering process was simple. Got dirt less than 48 hours later. The dump truck driver got the truck into our backyard which was no easy feat. We have a single car driveway, an overhang and lots of wires. Made our life much easier. The worm dirt is very rich and we got our garden all planted with it. Can't wait to see what comes up!
Posted by James Armstrong on 25th May 2016
The worm dirt topsoil gave me what I wanted. I believe that it was supposed to be screened through 5/8 " openings, what I received could not have passed through that size as I had pieces of broken brick and root matter that was larger than that, but that's ok with me. Was not a big deal as I can pick that out. I expanded the size of my garden, I got what I wanted.
Posted by Eric on 13th Apr 2016
This product is excellent for gardens, in fact I use it in my raised beds. My only issue was that there was quite a bit of foreign debris (i.e., plastic, metal, etc.) in this load. I will definitely buy again however because once we removed the debris, the dirt is of a high quality. Kurtz Bros offers excellent service, delivered it right where I needed it and were timely in their delivery calling first before arriving. Thank you!
1. With a measuring tape, measure how many feet long the bed is. Then measure how many feet wide. Multiply these two figures. The total is the square foot area of that landscape bed.
2. Decide how thick you want your mulch to be (2” is average). For new landscape beds, 4” of mulch is recommended. If you are just top dressing a previously mulched bed, you may wish to use as little as 1” of mulch. Using the conversion chart below or Mulch Calculator to the right, you can figure how many cubic yards or bags of mulch, soil or gravel to order.
3. If you still have questions, please call our visit one of our stores. If you have the total area of your landscape beds calculated, we’d be glad to help you figure the amount of mulch, soil or gravel you will need.
BULK MATERIAL ONE cubic yard will cover approximately:
1296 sq. ft. 1/4″ deep
648 sq. ft. 1/2″ deep
324 sq. ft. 1″ deep
162 sq. ft. 2″ deep
108 sq. ft. 3″ deep
81 sq. ft. 4″ deep
1 square yard = 9 square feet
1 cubic yard = 27 cubic feet